Monday, December 6, 2010

Drawing Contest

Thursday was our last class day so in celebration we had a drawing contest!  Through our class period we had models pose and in groups of 6 went up to draw the models for 10 to 15 minutes.  The things that we were to focus on was our line quality, expressions, movement, and just show off what we have learned this semester.  The drawings that were the most successful represented all these qualities very well. This was my drawing of Molly.


Although I did not win I feel like this drawing had some positive qualities such as every line on the page gave her motion and her clothes movement.  My shadowing was successful although I feel I could have used shadows in  more of the drawing.  I also could have used less sketchy lines to represent Molly.  Overall I feel very positive about this piece.  People are very difficult to draw but I have came a long way since we started. Now the only thing to get out there and do is draw!

No comments:

Post a Comment