Monday, December 6, 2010

Most Successful Drawing/ Reflection


I feel like this is my most successful drawing of the whole semester.  I have had a lot of drawings I have posted that have represented my progress in shading, line quality, and detail.  I like this drawing because I used line strokes and the darkening of line to represent all these important aspects we have been focusing on in class.  This is a different technique that I used in this drawing and I feel it was successful in capturing my features.

Reflection:

Coming in to this major I had never had any type of drafting or understanding of the concept of drafting.  I was also never a drawer.  Yeah of course I doodled and sketched on the side of my papers during boring lecture classes but I never really felt like I could grasp what it took to draw well.  I stressed out a lot this semester because it seemed as if nothing was ever turning out like I wanted or that everyone else seemed to be understanding and excelling when I wasn't.  I had to keep reminding myself that this was all new to me! Looking back I am really pleased with the progress that I have made throughout the semester.  I have learned a lot about drafting, drawing, and composition and although it takes a lot of work and time commitment, I am really looking forward to what we will be learning next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment