Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Final Luminare

For my Final I decided to center the area of my light, which would be the brightest area, in the center of my board so the area of most density was directly in the middle of my board, fading out on each side.  This helped to better balance my board. My board size stayed 24'' long  because, I felt as a lighting fixture this was a good size.  I drilled a hole to run my cord out the back of my board to take care of  it hanging very noticably in the front.  On my previous critic, varying the sizes of my sqaure was discussed and in trying this I felt that it helped to show my layering and fading out better.  I also stained my board with cherry stain to give it a more finished look and to also better contrast the white squares.  My final luminare did not contain any glues or binders (since that was something we had worked with all semester I wanted to keep with that idea)  There are holes drilled in the board to hold the wire in and the paper is threaded onto the wire. 

 Front View
 Side View

 Side View



 My model without the light on



No comments:

Post a Comment