Thursday, September 29, 2011

Reflecting on my D.C. Presentation- Blog post 003

When first thinking about how I wanted to approach this formal presentation, I started with thinking about my main focus within the museums when I visited them in D.C.  I really focused on the identity of the building and how specific elements within each building helped give the individual museums their own sense of identity so, this is the approach I took for my presentation.  I was really nervous for this presentation because I had not gave a formal speech for over 2 years however, I think that the assignment was a grand idea because it allowed me to collect all my information from the trip when I probably wouldn't have otherwise.  I didn't visit the speaking center before I presented and I feel like it would have improved my performance if I had because, when they came and to speak to us in class they were very helpful.  Overall, I think my presentation went well but of course there are many things that I can improve on for next time.  Seeing as I have the initial butterflies out of the way with the first speech, for my next speech I will be less nervous and probably more organized in knowing what I should present. I am really going to work on slowing my speech down and sounding less nervous.  I think that I also really need to work on my conclusion and transitions.  Getting advice from my peers and now being able to know what I need to improve I am ready for speech number two!

No comments:

Post a Comment