Saturday, April 30, 2011

Writer's Retreat Plan and Sections

As my project progressed I developed the overall concept of overlapping.  In arranging my spaces my main idea was allowing my public and private spaces to overlap and flow into each other.  My way of acheiving this was keeping the original amount of space in the front of the house for public readings and allowing for my kitchen and bathroom to serve as overlapping areas into the semi-private and private spaces.  From my kitchen, the space opens into the writer's office. I placed a meeting table for students to meet with the writer infront of the side door which serves as a overlapping area dividing the kitchen from the office.  The office opens into the back area which is a seating/living area for the writer dividing her/his office and her/his bedroom.  From the bedroom there is a door which allow for the writer to have a private enterance.

Section showing the front reading space bookshelves and fireplace along with the kitchen, meeting table, and office desk.

Section showing the back of the house which is composed of the writer's office desk and file folder, seating furniture, and bedroom.

This drawing represents where my section cuts are located along with my persepective views.

Plan

Diagram showing my idea of overlapping within my space.  The shaded aread represent spaces dividing my public and private.

No comments:

Post a Comment