Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Studio: IAR 201 Overview

The idea from the beginning of this semester was to explore ourselves as designers and to discover our own individual identities as a designer.  At first I though that it was going to be difficult to do this because of how much time we were going to be spending on group work this year but reflecting back I think that group work really helped me to discover my design voice.  It was difficult working with 9 group members on one project because there were ideas coming from every way and it was hard to find a way to get my voice heard.  As time went on I started to focus on the strengths I could bring to the group such as presenting, brainstorming, and modeling.  It also helped me to learn from other class members on how to be a better designer.  I followed and practiced these things that I had learned and carried them out into our Cabinet of Curiosity project.  At the beginning of the semester I really wanted to be able to develop and process my designs better along with being able to collect and explain my designs.  Overall, I think that I have discovered ways to do this and have developed a style and identity of design that I will carry out through my studies as a designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment